Sweet Fabric + Slide Night

Bird's Nest Pasta [Slide 2]...

Sunday Supper hosted by Meet Me at Mikes.

My smalls are not the best eaters. I'm trying to encourage them to broaden their tastes a bit. The big girl especially would happily live on white food alone! With my goal in sight I picked up some teeny asparagus at the fruit shop this week & with this image in my head set about making this for their dinner. It's more of a construction than a recipe.

They LOVED it!

Birds Nest Pasta
1 Chicken Breast
Sweet Paprika
1 bunch tiny asparagus - chopped
1 handful of mushrooms - sliced
1 egg per person
1 birds nest pasta per person

Rub Sweet Paprika into the chicken breast & pan fry. Slice finely & set aside.

Cook the mushrooms in the same frypan.

Boil water in a large saucepan. Steam asparagus & set aside. Use this water to cook the pasta.

Return the sliced chicken & asparagus to the frypan with the mushrooms & keep warm.

In a separate pan poach the eggs.

Place the pasta in the centre of the plate. Then scatter your vegie & chicken mix around the pasta. Top with the egg sprinkled with Parmesan (& cracked pepper if it's for anyone over 12).

Enjoy.

I think I'll have a couple of Stacey's cheese cubes & cocktail onions for befores & I'd kill for a Melbourne Bitter Cam. I'm so glad you guys could make it to Slide Night.
.

cooking, love, Room, and more:

Bird's Nest Pasta [Slide 2]... + Slide Night