Sweet Fabric + love

Why I love a granny square...

Friday Archives hosted by Loobylu.

I'm sharing this pic of the smallest to help explain the love of the granny square. This image really is an archive - she's a big(ish) girl now.

Some of you may have heard this story already - if that's you feel free to find some fresh content in the sidebar (I've been inspired by Pip's recent housekeeping & done a bit of my own).

So...on with the story. We were given two bunny rug size granny blankets when the big girl was born.

I was unimpressed to say the least. Crocheted from Patons Feathersoft - I thought that they were pretty yick. Consequently they were used only to keep the lovely woollen blankets firmly tucked around our sleeping babes.

The smallest ferreted them out of the side of the cot when she was about 6 months old and she and the "Hucky" have been inseparable ever since.

Now, thanks to Brown Owls (& a good friend) I'm totally up to speed on the Granny Square.

Want some more Granny Square links?
Granny-Along on Flickr (thanks Fran)
Grannyalong Blog

Blog, crochet, good, granny square, and more:

Why I love a granny square... + love