Sweet Fabric + MAD

If you can't stand the heat...

In anticipation of the hot week ahead I've done all the "back to school baking" today.

I made:

Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins
Mixed Berry & Pistachio Muffins
& Ham & Cheese Pikelets

Now all frozen & ready for next week.

A few years ago I was given this base muffin mixture by a mum at school who is a breakfast chef. They're good & it makes heaps!

Muffin Mixture

5 cups Self Raising flour
1.5 cups of brown sugar
Mix together in a big bowl.

5 eggs
1 cup yoghurt
1 cup milk
1 cup oil (I use sunflower)
Whisk together in a small bowl.

Add wet ingredients to dry & mix. Stir through 2-3 cups of fruit/nuts/chocolate/vegies.

EDIT: Whilst you can eat the mixture raw (& it probably won't kill you) it's best to cook at 180C for 12-15 minutes for the mini muffins & about 20 minutes for the cupcake sized ones. Also, I have those silicone muffin cases & I think I would have baked 1000 muffins at least in them.

I make these in bulk & freeze them. Then they get added straight from the freezer to the lunchboxes each day. They thaw by recess.

AWEsome, cooking, good, and more:

If you can't stand the heat... + MAD