Sweet Fabric + TIME

Reversible placemat cosy...
Reversible Tablesetting Placemat Cosy

I picked up a setting of 6 (very ugly) placemats from the Op Shop/Thrift store during the week. The upside of them being so ugly is that they were cheap as chips.

Now I've made reversible covers for them. I did a bit of free motion text last year & frankly found it took me longer than embroidery by hand. I'd decided 'twas best left to the experts.

But as this "design" is pretty simple I had another go & I'm thrilled to say the least! If you've no idea where to begin with this sort of thing you should pop in here.

Reversible Barkcloth Placemat Cosy

One side for fun & the other a bit more fancy. Best of all they can just be slung in the washing machine when they get a bit grubby.

I think these would make meal time fun for kids if you had a novelty print on one side & the plate on the other. Easier on the eye than anything you can buy at Kmart.

If you don't have any luck at the Op Shop I think that Bunnings &/or Spotlight sell MDF circles about the same size.

Christmas, MAD, made by me, recrafted, recreated, reverse art, and more:

Reversible placemat cosy... + TIME