Sweet Fabric + softies

NOT my blue...

period.

Of course, I'm no Picasso but I figure I'm entitled to a little red influence.

I've been obsessed with all things red for quite some time.

This friendship quilt is what really began my love affair with red.

It was made as a parting gift for my Great Grandmother when she left Canada in the 1920's. It was my Grandfather's bedspread as a child & I am now the custodian of it! It is my most treasured item. When I was growing up it lived in a trunk at the end of my Mum's bed. I used to get it out & run my fingertips over the stitches. So much history & so much love.

I'm determined to have a crack at some redwork in the next couple of months. I just love it.

Welcome to my Red Phase (not being called a period for obvious reasons). I'll be sharing lots of red goodness over the next few days.

doing my bit, embroidery, goosebumps, redwork, and more:

NOT my blue... + softies