Sweet Fabric + words and pictures

Words & pictures...cosy

I’m lying on my tummy across the sofa. It’s one of those modular settings from the sixties. The legs are steel and the fabric is brown tweed with orange flecks. It smells a bit funky.

I’m wearing PJs bought from Myer in the previous school holidays. My socked feet are bouncing rhythmically against the wall furnace. They rest on the bars until the heat is too much to bear.

The curtains are drawn and Different Strokes is on the TV. It’s such a treat to be watching commercial tele. There’s a milky and very sweet coffee on the floor, tucked just beside the sofa leg.

Sitting beside me is my Non. She’s wearing an apron and too much perfume. The needles are out & she’s casting on a jumper (maybe for me). Two balls of Fantasy Eight knit together on big needles. It’ll be finished the next day.

Non’s needles flick at great speed, my feet bounce against the heater in time. The TV flicks too, but I don’t notice what Arnold is up to. I’m enjoying watching the knitting and chanting in my head “in, around, through and off”.

I feel the warmth of the heater and a room filled with love.

Cosy.

love, memory, Room, TIME, and more:

Words & pictures...cosy + words and pictures