Sweet Fabric + MAD

How to stop an avocado going brown!...
Avocado

This morning while I was shopping for fruit & veg a lovely lady offered some advice.

"Do you know that if you leave the stone from the avocado in the centre of your salad it stops the avocado browning?"

No I did not know! I knew about the lemon thing but had never heard this before. Did you?

I'm taking a green salad to a mates for lunch today. Normally I would cut & toss the avocado through just before serving but today I'm testing out this little gem of a home hint.

I'll edit the post later with the findings.

Edited to add:
I made my green salad at 11am & the stone remained in the centre of the salad until we ate lunch around 2:30pm. The avocado had not browned at all! I don't know how or why this worked but it did!

cooking, drivel, home, love, and more:

How to stop an avocado going brown!... + MAD