Sweet Fabric + TIME

Every cloud has a silver lining...

He's my finished Softie for Mirabel.

I’ve become very emotionally attached to him - we’ve been through a lot together.

He began life as left over wool suiting & a remnant from an after 5 number…I’d been patiently waiting for the silver since November last year & I’m pretty sure he’d been waiting for me too.

Together we’ve struggled, fought & made a more than a few mistakes but we’ve dusted ourselves off and made firm friends.

I knew it was all going to work out because he never stopped smiling. Now he’s here and he is going to be hard to say farewell to. I’ve poured my heart & soul into this little fella.

You know…he’s a bit rough around the edges, he’s had his share of knocks & he’s got a few battle scars to prove it. But look at what those tough times have revealed…

a silver lining - it has made him who he is, given him character and fleshed out his personality.

He’s a good sort

He’s off to have his 15 minutes of fame in the Meet Me at Mikes window & then I know he’s going to make some somebody a very good friend.

You can find out more about the Softies for Mirabel appeal here.

I'm normally not that fond of the sewing machine - it's a means to an end in my opinion. But...I've had so much joy in the making of my silver lined cloud!

craft, doing my bit, friends, giving back, good, LIFE, MAD, original, recreated, reverse art, softies, and more:

Every cloud has a silver lining... + TIME