Sweet Fabric + Oops

Crochet crisis...

↑Weave/ladder stitch from wrong side

↑Join as you go (liking this less than I thought I would)

↑Double crochet (front runner)

When I started my granny squares last year I decided that this would be a "go slow" project & that all the yarn would be Op Shop purchased.

I started running out of contrasting yarn about 30 squares in & have had to purchase bits & pieces along the way (I'm really not good at slow). I did have a huge Op Shop stash of nasty Panda acrylic which I've been finishing each round with. I ran out of that too...70 squares in.

On Saturday I went to purchase more & of course the dyelot is different & when the two dyelots lie next to each other the difference is quite obvious. I had a little tantrum & totallly dropped the ball with my granny a day. I've missed 2 of the last 3 days. Sorry Pip.

I had planned to "Join As You Go", making the biege the main colour & allowing the contrasting colours to "pop". If I go with this method (& not worry about the dyelot difference) I need 80 squares before I begin joining.

But now I just don't know. I think I'm liking the double crochet in a contrasting colour.

If I go with the other options I think I'll need at least 100 squares...

crochet, good, and more:

Crochet crisis... + Oops