Sweet Fabric + TIME

The quilt project...
runner

I'm very happily back to Melbourne drizzle. It was lovely & cool on the run this morning.

This is my most recent pair of Asics. I did actually head into Active Feet before I headed out of town & am now sporting a new pair of runners (toe not yet worn through). My shoes were stitched by hand which I thoroughly enjoyed. I used stem stitch, running stitch & chain stitch for the shoe. I chose to french knot the tongue & the ankle cushioning which was very time consuming but very satisfying.

Perhaps not the best time to take off ... I arrived home yesterday morning to a mountain of quilt project blocks. Each of them are wonderful & I am very much looking forward to sharing the completed "quilt" with you. I am horribly behind with the Flickr commenting but you might like to see some of the amazing pieces worked in red that have been sent in here.

If you've been following the project & if you think you might like to see the completed quilt in person ... you might want to mark 23 October in your diary. Details coming soon.

It feels good to be home, I'm looking forward to catching up on all your news & having a chat.

community, embroidery, good, home, love, made by me, original embroidery, red, redwork, running, the quilt project, and more:

The quilt project... + TIME