Sweet Fabric + This is... cool stuff

A bit about wanting...

I try really hard to be a thoughtful consumer.

I buy just about all my own clothes in Op Shops & I've been really good about not accumulating extra "stuff".

But every now & then, something comes along that a girl simply must have.

This little person was peering out at me from a glass cabinet last week. I confess, my heart skipped a beat when I saw her. She made me think of my Grandma. Then I imagined her maker & the careful selection of felt & stitching & it made my heart ache a little more.

Her price tag was face down.

I don't know about you but I always take this as a bad-antique-shop-sign. I did a couple of laps around the antique shop & kept coming back to her. I strained my neck & squinted my eyes to read her price tag.... I was sure that she was $95. Too much, but the ache in my heart made me ask to see her anyway.

Antique shop owners in nice suburbs obviously don't value craft too highly. $12 & she's mine.

clever people, good, handmade, MAD, NOT made by me, and more:

A bit about wanting... + This is... cool stuff