Sweet Fabric + tutorial

How to make a granny square necklace...

Since I posted the granny square necklace I've had a few emails & comments asking for a little how to.

If you know how to make a granny square you can easily make one of these sweet necklaces. You don't need to follow a pattern at all. Just have a go. I think that all you really need to know is that I used embroidery floss, & a 3mm hook (but I'm super tight - so maybe choose something smaller).

If you are a rule follower (like me), it's all there in the slide show.

I've chosen a traditional granny square because in my opinion if it ain't broke...don't fix it. I love everything about a granny square. You can read about all about it here.

How To Make A Granny NecklaceView more presentations from kootoyoo.

I'm not trying to teach anyone how to make a granny square. There are plenty of tutes around for that. My "pattern" uses Australian/UK terminology so if you're in the US you'll need to double where I say treble.

There's a PDF tutorial here if you'd like to "print & keep".

You might like to try

Purl Bee (US terminology)
Sarah London on Flickr (Aus/UK terminology)
& Pip has put together a few posts on granny squaring too.

how to, love, slideshow, and more:

How to make a granny square necklace... + tutorial