Sweet Fabric + Wood

Mud stencil on wood...

I know I said I was going to get out the rotary cutter this weekend but I got a bit carried away with some organic stencilling.

Claire's gorgeous spray job & the promise of that wonderful patchwork skirted girl as well as Anna Laura's recent Mary Jane shoes have been racing around my already jumbled brain for a couple of weeks. Then I came across this mud stencil.

The recent wood obsession - a simple stencil design of my muse & I was away.

The Mud Stencil genius has a how to on his blog here.

This is what I did -

Cut: the stencil. I used a laminating pouch. It worked really well. I probably should have left it there but I laminated it. It buckled a teeny bit but there was no way I was going to cut it again. I just went for it. I told myself it would need to be tough to handle the mud!

Next: mix the mud. I just dug up a bit of dirt from the garden & mixed water in until it was sort of a bechamel sauce consistency.

Stencil: the design onto the timber. I used spray adhesive & that did the trick with the first stencil.

I did a couple more onto watercolour paper which worked OK but I didn't wipe the stencil or reapply the adhesive (& I got a bit too confident). I probably should have done both those things (& kept my ego in check).

All in all I'm pretty happy with the way my organic stencil turned out.

Blog, clever boys, clever people, happy, made by me, tall poppies, This is... cool stuff, and more:

Mud stencil on wood... + Wood