Sweet Fabric + TIME

Spot reserved...

Do you have a favourite place to sit? This is mine - a little unconventional I know, but it's all mine.

When my brother, sister & I were growing up there was definitely an IT spot.

It was the cane chair closest to the TV. The chair was awfully uncomfortable & had exposed nails that caught on your clothes & your hair. BUT... it had tier 1 status because in the days before remotes arms reach was vitally important.

It was only your spot until you had to get up to go to the loo or grab a gingernut biscuit from the bickie barrel. As soon as you took your first step someone was waiting to nab the "top spot". These chair wars usually ended in tears & a bit of blood. So, genius children that we were we came up with "spot reserved". If you declared this prior to leaving your seat no-one could assume your position & it was a no go zone until you returned. I love the politics between siblings!

No-one wants my spot now - but just for old time's sake..."spot reserved". Don't anybody pinch my patch of floor (or my pretty drink).

Cocktails, family, love, making me laugh, recreated, reflection, reverse art, the ranch, and more:

Spot reserved... + TIME