Sweet Fabric + MAD

Sunday Supper...

I thought Sunday Supper looked delicious last week & so I'm joining in. I love a tried & tested recipe & this one is super easy & very tasty. I'm not sure where it came from originally - probably one of those supermarket magazines. I'm all about the speedy quick (& easy).

Spicy Sweet Potato Soup

Olive Oil
2 large brown onions
4 cloves of garlic (I like to roast them first)
About 1 kilo each of sweet potato & carrots
12 cups of stock (I use homemade vegie but chicken is yummy too)
600g chick peas drained & rinsed

2 teaspoons ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
4 teaspoons ground cumin

* This makes HEAPS & it freezes really well.

Get out your biggest soup pot - you'll need it.

Heat oil & then add the onion & the garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent. Stir in your spices & cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant.

Stir in the roughly chopped carrot & sweet potato cook & stir until the vegies are well coated with the onion & spice mix.

Add stock - cover & bring to the boil. Reduce heat & simmer for about 1/2 an hour.

Add the chickpeas & cook until chickpeas are tender.

Blend & reheat.

Blog, cooking, home, love, and more:

Sunday Supper... + MAD