Sweet Fabric + TIME

My Spaghetti Bolognaise Recipe...

Sunday Supper hosted by Meet Me at Mikes.

Everyone has a recipe for Spaghetti Bolognaise, sometimes closely guarded secrets. I know it's kind of boring but I promise it's good. I've photographed it in the pot so you can see just how much it makes.

I make a batch of this every few weeks & then freeze in kid size portions for weekday dinners.

Spaghetti Bolognaise
1 Kilo of quality mince
1 large brown onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 stalks of celery
1 large carrot
1 big handful of mushrooms
1 red capsicum
1 large zucchini
1 large tin of crushed tomatoes
1 small tin of tomato puree
1 cup of beef stock
1 Tbs of brown sugar
140gms of tomato paste
1 slurp of worcestershire sauce
Herbs dry or fresh (today I used fresh basil & some dried "Italian Herbs")
1 cup of red wine
1/2 cup of milk
water to "wash out" all tins & jars added to the pot also

Brown the mince in your biggest saucepan. So you get an idea of volume I make this in an electic frypan.

Using your food processor, process all vegetables & add them to the mince.

Add remaining ingredients. Give it all a good stir & let it simmer for about an hour.

This makes a super rich & lovely sauce which can be easily "stretched" by adding a jar of provisto sugo or more crushed tomatoes.

Especially good for kids who aren't big vegetable eaters.

Blog, cooking, good, love, Room, and more:

My Spaghetti Bolognaise Recipe... + TIME