Sweet Fabric + the date

On The Date...

I loved reading Nan's post on The Frenchman & so I've put together one of my own. I confess I've not received questions about The Date. Hailing from suburban Melbourne doesn't really conjour the same romantic ideal does it? I do know that he's won over more than a few of you with his taste in music.

Where did you meet The Date?
The Date & I have known each other for 25 years! We met when I was in Year 7 & he was in Year 10. Our family homes were about 2 kilometres from each other. In those days he made himself scarce when I was in the house because he reckoned I was way too loud and annoying. We've been together for 19 years...more than 1/2 my life.

Does The Date have an accent?
No accent but he is guilty of mumbling and he and The Boy do speak a language that I don't understand. They speak in tongues about all manner of sporty things.

Is he a romantic?
Nup, but he is thoughtful. He makes lunches, pretty drinks, brings me coffees & is very kind about being the "crap courier". To be truthful I don't think I respond that well to romantic gestures anyway.

Would you recommend The Date (local) as a life partner?
Yes I absolutely would. We've grown up together, so very different from when we met and so very much the same. The Date is pretty cruisy. He's my very best friend, a really good person and an amazing parent. If you can snag yourself a version of him...hang on tight...they are pretty hard to find.

Blog, family, good, home, LIFE, love, MAD, and more:

On The Date... + the date