Sweet Fabric + Room

Make your own bookshelves for under $6...
Round Book Shelves

OR fitting a square peg in a round hole.

I had originally purchased only 1 tube to make a toy box for the smallest...it kicked around the floor of the craft room for a while & I'd done nothing with it.

All the while I'd been enjoying posts from this tumblr.

http://bookshelves.tumblr.com/

...then I got to thinking how they'd be wonderful as a bookshelf & that's what I've done. I've left the tubes natural & just given them a bit of a sand to remove the rough edges but I think it would look lovely covered in vintage wallpaper.

The tubes are held together using the webbing I picked up at Reverse Art Truck. I've just cut to size to make straps with velcro fastenings.

The real beauty of this "shelf" is it's versatility. You could put them together in any configuration you like & possibly incorporate other pieces of furniture to make interesting shapes.

Once we are in the new place I plan to hang a couple of them on the wall.

Don't you think they would look fabulous painted white & jam packed full of brightly coloured yarn?

You must have a look at this amazing set also constructed from sono tubes (with how to).

Edit 27 September :: I just visited Style Spion (one of the sites that links to this post) & followed links to much flasher & more designery type shelves similar to these. You can see them here & here. Just goes to show...nothing is original & girls who just like to make stuff can have designer type ideas too.

love, made by me, original, recrafted, recreated, reverse art, and more:

Make your own bookshelves for under $6... + Room