Sweet Fabric + Room

Flocked Tick Tock...
Flock Tick Tock Close

The red dust was flocking.

I'd had the embroidery finished for a couple of weeks but I just couldn't figure out how to treat the clock hands. I knew I didn't want to leave the black plastic naked but I was worried my other ideas about fabric & stitching would make the whole thing look tacky. When you've spent a couple of hours on hand embroidery you don't want to wreck it with a couple of minutes of glue (yes, speaking from experience).

Flock Tick Tock Hands

I've got Changing Rooms (UK) to thank for the flocking thing. I'd seen an episode about three years ago where they flocked all sorts of hard surfaces (including the bannister if I remember).

Anyway, I'm chuffed with the way it's come up. The clock face is an old record, the mechanism & hands from an Opped clock, the fabric is an old sheet & the floss was in the stash.

Flock Tick Tock Wall

Half full print by Lisa...Robot by Jodie...Clock by me.

It was hanging in the little guy's room when he went up to bed last night. He was very generous with his admiration & congratulations (he's nice like that). After I'd kissed him good night he called me back & said "Uh oh, I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep with that Tick Tocking in my ear"....

embroidery, good, made by me, recrafted, recreated, and more:

Flocked Tick Tock... + Room