Sweet Fabric + have a crack

The one where I talk about...

30 days of the everyday.

First things first, let's get the housekeeping out of the way. Here are the contents of my packages from yesterday.

These beautiful necklaces from Chocolate & Steel. How cute is her receipt - a little paper plane.

Some of Lara's fabric. I'm looking forward to making something special with these.

Finally a not photoworthy little book which I purchased online & I'm pretty excited about.

And now about the 30 days...

I have gained so much from this 30 day gig. I'm pretty much a head down bum up kind of girl & I really thought that having this blog had made me "stop & smell the roses".

The 30 days proved me wrong. I've found myself really taking stock of what & who is around me & valuing & appreciating the hand I'm playing at the moment. It's a good life - even when it feels a bit out of control. I'm so lucky & I'm really focussing on living my life to the full & making the most of every minute.

I read this interview with Kristi Arnold on Design for Mankind during my 30 days & I wanted to share this snippet...

Best advice anyone ever gave you?
K: Don't wait for opportunities to come to you. Seek them out, create your own options. I think a lot of people get stuck in places...waiting for something big to happen...then 10 years pass by and they are still in the same place, wondering what happened.

30 days, AWEsome, Blog, date, friends, goosebumps, and more:

The one where I talk about... + have a crack