Sweet Fabric + tutorial

How to fold a fat quarter...

Yesterday while I was waiting for all the muffins to cook I spent some more time in the pool room trying to sort everything out.

I love to fold. The pillowcase collection looks magnificent but the other set of shelves is looking a bit sad.

I've seen a bit of sorting & folding going on around the place & this morning I popped in here. It made me want to rush out & buy lots & lots of lovely new fabric. (contradiction?) Then I remembered...I don't do that.

So, I got to work with the vintage sheeting. This little exercise required the use of my maths brain as well as my very rusty dramatic skills...OK so I totally got stage fright & the video is pretty awful but I had fun with the logistics. I set myself up a ghetto rig for the flip & away I went.

How to fold a fat quarter...the video.

This may or may not be an original way to fold squares of fabric. I was trying to hunt down a folding technique last year as I seemed to remember this sort of thing from Patchwork House when I learnt to quilt (about a million years ago). But Mr Google turned up nothing. I combined my memory of nappy folding (which I also loved) with my idea of how I remembered the fat quarters at Patchwork House.

Formula: width of shelf (w) x 4 is the size to cut your squares.

So...if you're a collector of fabric & your shelves are six inches wide you need to be buying 24 inches of fabric to make them fit snuggly on your shelf.

Amy likes to fold too...check her tute out here.

fabric, flip, how to, love, MAD, Room, TIME, and more:

How to fold a fat quarter... + tutorial