Sweet Fabric + tutorial

How to Stem Stitch (sort of)...
S

It was so nice to have a bit of time to myself yesterday.

I've had a few emails asking for pointers on stem stitch & again I think that this is the kind of thing best learned by watching & listening rather than still shots or sketches.

I stitched a bit of lettering & thought that I'd share the video. I've kind of adapted my traditionally taught stem stitch over the years. Vick...if you're reading this - click away now. This is my "go to" stitch. I use it for lettering, for outlining & for anything with a curve. I love the flexible nature of this stitch. You can very easily rocket ahead on straight sections & then slow right down & do teeny tiny stitches around sharp turns. It's a forgiver...I like that.

Hoping that this helps you out & you become a (sort of) stem stitcher too.

Now that I watch this video...is it any wonder my stitches are so tight. Just look at how I "correct" each stitch.

embroidery, flip, have a crack, how to, love, TIME, and more:

How to Stem Stitch (sort of)... + tutorial